Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Penny makes sudden exit

  • Article rank
  • 28 May 2013
  • Sowetan
  • motaud@sowetan.co.za Dimakatso Motau Entertainment Reporter

 




: Penny Lebyane to appear in women empowerment rom page 1 look into her years as an entertainer.
show for last time “I was labelled a failure at 25, and I’ve been told I’m loud and should tone down. I used to cry, thinking there was something wrong with me, but now I’m embracing my personality.” – PENNY Lebyane has left women empowerment show Motswako and appears for the last time tomorrow night on the SABC2 programme.
She leaves three years of above-par presenting that followed a tumultuous exit from Metro FM in early 2010.
Her sudden move seems to have been prompted by the show’s shift from its prime time slot on Mondays at 9.30pm to Wednesdays at 6pm.
According to the South African Audience Research Foundation, Motswako has lost half its viewership, with 916 190 viewers watching on May 8 compared with 1 919 377 on April 29.
“I don’t want to dwell on why I will no longer be part of the show,” Lebyane says. “I have just acted in a Nollywood movie, tackling the new challenge of breaking into the Nigerian entertainment industry.”
Lebyane says she is also making inroads into Nigeria’s radio industry.
“I’ve always wanted to achieve success within Africa, not only in our country, ” she says.
Lebyane is also busy shooting a documentary.


 picture from:www.goxtranews.comwww.goxtranews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment