Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Pleasure Of Volunteering



The Pleasure Of Volunteering

By: Bobontle Mopeloa

Just because volunteer Work is unpaid that does not mean that it is useless to do, there are numerous reason why one should do volunteer work, one of the significant role of volunteering it enables you to strengthen your contact, meet different people and expose you to the field of work with people who share the same interest as you, especially if you are new to the industry.

Volunteering it is also a great way to gain experience in the field of work and be aware of the pros and cons of the career you have chosen. One will be able to practice their skills in an attempt to benefit the company and to earn a good reputation about their excellent work they did. I have chosen to volunteer mainly because of my self-esteem and confidence, I acknowledge the part that volunteering work will provide me with the natural sense of accomplishment because I will be doing what I love and also helping the company to reach its goal at the same time, I will be able to use my skills effectively and in the process be educated and learn from professionals. I will be able to give my free time but also benefiting a good reputation and valuable job skills.

Most importantly I plan to enjoy myself while volunteering because this is one in a lifetime experience that no one will ever take away from me. The value that volunteering will add to my life it will help me to become a better person and to never ever take anything I do for granted, also to learn to work with others and communicate with people, to be able to gain experience before getting in my career full-time. I will be the toughest competitor because I will know most of the needed skills and being experienced before time. I plan to build my brand, therefore I will need a good reputation in the future, to conclusion doing volunteering might not be paying but it is pleasant because it will have a good effect in your future that you might not see now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment